Homeownership Center offers a full range of counseling services to assist families who may be facing foreclosure. We have highly skilled counselors ready to work with families and individuals to help find options to resolve their situation.
The foreclosure PREVENTION process
To start the process, call us at 615-777-8561. You will be transferred to a foreclosure prevention counselor who will explain the process to you. You will then be asked to fill out an application and be scheduled for an one-on-one, skype or phone appointment. From there, HOC will act as a third party counselor to help you work with your servicer to find a reasonable solution to your foreclosure crisis.
Click to see the required documents for the process.
Checklist of Items Needed for Foreclosure Prevention Assistance
- Driver’s license or state-issued identification
- Most recent utility bills (electric)
- Student loan statement
- Recent credit card statements for each account
- Most recent Mortgage Statement
- Two most recent bank statements (checking)
- last two years tax returns
- Proof of non-filing for past 3 years from IRS, if you do not file taxes (or letter stating why you didn’t file)
- 4 weeks most recent, consecutive paystubs
- Award letter for Short or Long Term Disability
- Family Medical Leave (FMLA) Documents
- Retirement/Pension/Annuity Income – Award letter
- Other income documentation (including child support, social security,government assistance, food stamps, etc.)
- Year-to-date Profit & Loss Statement for the last three months, if you are self-employed